Wednesday, August 13, 2008

School update...

So, I've decided my Pre-Kindergarten curriculum covers at least what our Kindergarten in the states covers. Kinda crazy. I've spent several hours over the last few days trying to figure out what is in the classroom, what I need, and what I want. Things are so much different here. For example, I have 1 bulletin board in my classroom and unlike Alison, who has a chalkboard, I have a portable white board. I've realized how stinkin spoiled I was at San Gabriel! It really is a whole different world! However, it is definitely forcing me to be more creative with what I have, which is a good thing! Monday is our official report day meaning free time is coming to a close and a set schedule is about to kick in. In a way I am looking forward to having a routine, it means I won't have too much time to sit around and think about who and what I have left in the States.

We picked up Rachel from the airport yesterday. I gave her a hearty welcome :) while Mr. Elofson and Rocky (another teacher) pretended they didn't know me. lol Good times! Rocky actually told Alison and I that we should become comedians! hehe We ARE pretty funny! Last night the three of us girls had every intention on going to church for dinner and the midweek service (with hopes of meeting some people), however, we seemed to have forgotton part of the way there and ended up going to buy more towels and duvet covers instead. It ended up being good bonding time nonetheless!

No comments:

Post a Comment