Monday, August 11, 2008

One week down...

Time is moving along, I have been in Japan for almost a week now and am finally starting to recognize my surroundings a bit. Alison and I have successfully driven to both school campuses, the beach, the 100 yen store (a few different ones), a few grocery stores, and we're even able to decipher between the many camps and bases in the area. For example, we remember Camp Lester (Marine bases are called "camp") is the one with a hospital by developing a story about a boy named Lester who has some serious accident issues and is always injured. I also told Alison that she should never let anything "fester like Lester!" haha we've had a bit of time on our hands! Oooo, today we got our washer (all clothes are hung to dry), a tv with connection to a dvd player, and a phone in our apartment. Boy we sure are livin it up! lol I feel quite accomplished with today as Alison and I were both able to get into our classrooms and organize furniture. My room is looking alright, but I have a lot more beautifying to do. (Karyn and Ruth are probably laughing out of fun memories with that one!) All in all, it's looking good minus the ants and HUGE dead bugs! Sorry, you won't get to see any classroom pics until I've finished working on it!

3 comments:

  1. Classroom pictures??? I want to see pictures of the dead bugs (sic). lol.

    Coach Rivas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just imagine all the beautifying you'll want to do in your classroom. lol! Can't wait to see the pictures. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see your classroom! I wish I was there to help you get things ready like last year! I love you!

    ReplyDelete