Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sayonara Dinner...

This week has marked the beginning of the end of my time here in Okinawa as school is winding down to the last 4 days, boxes are being packed, my classroom is being taken apart and is looking more and more like it did when I first walked in 10 months ago. I am amazed at God's hand in this last year and how he has guided and provided every step of the way. It is so incredible to see how he has used my job, the church, every moment of being in Japan, to provide growth in my life. I say it a lot and I will continue to say it, I am blessed!

Tuesday night was our Neighborhood Sayonara dinner at Kitakaisen. Jerard and Collen, Earl, along with Alison and I will all be leaving the island in the next 2 weeks. More than 50 people came as we shared in food and fellowship. These people have been more than just "people from church" to me this past year, they have been family! To be honest, I never imagined I would be a part of something so awesome while in Japan!

Gina's cake for us :)
Matthew, Samuel, and I
Sage and I
Benny and Pauline
My japanmate and I :)_

No comments:

Post a Comment