Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Kite Day

This week was Golden Week on Okinawa, meaning many of the families up and leave town from Monday to Wednesday in celebration of everything from nature to children. I had a great break this week with only 9 kids at school on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Tuesday was our annual Kite Day. The kids all made kites in art class and we headed to the park with their families to fly them. The kids had a blast and it was a beautiful day, though I'm sad to say I got a little too much sun!
Here are the kids and parents from my class that participated...missing a lot of them!
I was seriously about to climb this, but we were called in to start flying the kites....maybe next time ;)
This is the massive slide that would definitely not be allowed at a park in the States.

No comments:

Post a Comment