Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fall Fun Part 1...

Today I had student #15 join my class. I started the year with 12 and we are slowly rising in numbers. I hope I lose the bet Amy and I have that I will have 17 kids by Christmas. Yikes! I'm not quite sure where I would put two more kids! hmmm...something to think about. Today was beautiful...it was cool enough that I could open my classroom windows and let the air flow through...with NO artificial air. It felt wonderful except for the awful noise of the blinds hitting the windows and the bars attached to the windows. No, we aren't in the ghetto, we're just prepared for a typhoon! :) Trust me, you'll know when/if one comes! Speaking of bars on windows, I am convinced we very well might be living in one of the safest places in the world. There is just this sense of safety here. I mean seriously, I have slept with my window open and a screen that can slide right on open. For anyone who knows me you know that I am not okay with sleeping this way. I'm sure someone would crawl right in with me...BUT Okinawa just doesn't feel that way! Instead you see little kids walking around by themselves.
Then there's the wind....the breeze here feels so wonderful. It's like I am always surrounded by God through the wind...a steady reminder that he is with me regardless of what is going on all around!

Yesterday we joined the Kindergarten to listen to the Parable of the Pumpkin story and take turns digging out the seeds in the pumpkin. It was so fun to watch the kids dig in there! "Fall Fun" will continue after our school's Fall Festival on Saturday!


1 comment:

  1. How cute! I like the pumpkin! What an amazing thing to feel God's presence in the wind over there! You are very blessed to have this experience!

    ReplyDelete