Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Eve/Day...

Christmas Eve was a lazy day for Alison and I. We lounged in our pajamas until it was time to get ready for church. We even decided to splurge on yummy dinner plans. We decided to try this restaurant down the street from us that is all you can eat for about 2,000 yen or $20. We weren't sure what to expect but when we got there the atmosphere was much better than i had expected. We got to choose whatever we wanted on the menu and they brought it to us, uncooked. It's a good thing we eventually figured out how to get the waitress back to our table (there's a button to push and it dings at the waitress station). The only contingency was that we needed to eat all that we ordered or they would charge an extra fee. It was great! Our meal even included a refillable drink and soft serve ice cream. This dinner was a great addition to our evening! From there we went to church for the Christmas eve service. It was a nice time ending with some candlelight and singing. I was especially excited for what would happen when we got home! Alison said that I could open one present! I've never been able to do that before, kind of a fun change! We ended up opening a few, then watching White Christmas, which Alison had never seen before! I was having flashbacks as I watched the two men sing "Sisters!" Reminds me of my grandpa and my dad belting it out! :) haha
Christmas morning was pretty exciting. We had got to talk to family, open presents, eat a yummy breakfast, and finally get ready to head to Lori's. The girl's were real excited to see us and show us all their new, fun toys. One of the things they got were princess elbow/knee pads and a helmet for their bikes. Well Izzie wanted hers on so Alison got her all ready and we headed outside. She rode a bike for a few minutes then she ditched the bike and started running up and down the sidewalk yelling over and over again, "Look Miss Pepe, I'm safe!!" lol it was hilarious! I have a picture but I don't have my cord up in Nago with me so all I can do it describe it to you! After a delicious lunch that included mac and cheese :) we made our way to Pastor and Carol's house....Oh yeah we also brought little loaf size funfetti cake with us to each house. We made them all on our own in our toaster oven!!!...We had a lot of fun over there kicking back and laughing with the church folk. The kids roped me into playing a game of Sorry with them and sadly they needed to give me a refresh on the directions! And....drum roll please...the big gift of the year....more silverware!! hahaha Pastor had broken one of our forks when we had them over for dinner last month, and since that meant we were down to 3 forks, they gave us some extra utensils to use! I'm pretty sure I left their house with my face hurting from laughing so much! Good times and overall a good day!...I'll be posting my Nago events/pics on the 1st!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got to open a present on Christmas Eve. I never got to do that either and it is fun!

    ReplyDelete