Sunday, November 23, 2008

2 days to go...

...until the oh so anticipated trip to Tokyo! It's unbelievable to me that this week is Thanksgiving already! I feel like it was just a few weeks ago that we booked our trip to Tokyo and Thailand and thought it would NEVER come! These last few weeks have been exhausting and I am grateful for a chance to get away and enjoy this foreign country! :) I'm ready for a break from bathroom accidents, smelly trash, ankle biting bugs, and a set time schedule...in exchange for shopping at H&M, Disneyland, an actual tour guide, and jacuzzis.
This weekend I talked Alison into letting me get a Christmas dish towel for our apartment and hopefully some little white lights to hang in our apartment to get us in the holly jolly spirit as well! I love Christmastime and am so sad to miss my beautifully decorated home back in Cali. I hear there may be an on base Christmas light tour in our near future :) That makes me happy! One of the couples from church said they hung their Christmas lights this weekend and their neighbor kept saying it's not Christmas yet....eh whatever, it should be decorated for Christmas everyday! hehe Wouldn't that be a sight? I'm sure Alison is going to miss having to move her car from in front of my house to the spot in front of the "dark" house across the street this year. We've already reminisced about that quite a bit.
Tonight will be our weekly Starbucks trip, tomorrow is dinner with Pastor Wes and Carol, and Wednesday we are having a Thanksgiving feast at school with a presentation by preschool, pre-kindergarten, and kindergarten. I'll take pictures for you all to see! :)...Then it's off to Tokyo!!!

1 comment:

  1. You make me sounds like a Scrooge...I just find it not as Christmasy this year :(

    ReplyDelete