Saturday, January 12, 2013

Ring in the New Year!

Well, we all survived our first week back! You never quite know how it will go after having two weeks off. The kids did a wonderful job remembering our classroom routines and procedures. This week's focus was on the New Year. Below are some pictures from my Ring in the New Year pack. I was so pleased with how well they picked right up where they'd left off!

NewYear Party Hat Patterns...click here for a FREEBIE pattern worksheet
The kiddos did a wonderful job making their New Year's Resolutions! There are some moms out there who are going to have REALLY clean floors! ;)

Party Balloon Spin and Graph
One of my goals for my students in this next part of the year is to become more and more comfortable using the computer keyboard. It seems with the increase of iPads in homes there is less and less need for a desktop computer. Anyhow, I would like for my students to begin typing some of their writing to be posted onto their blog. If you'd like to check out how awesome Kidblog is, click here! I apologize for not having anything posted in the last two months. Notice that up until now, I have been taking a picture of each student's writing to post to their blog.

rING in the New Year Real or Nonsense Words
TIME to celebrate! Telling time to the hour. I loved hearing my kids say, when cleaning up, 'I'll clean up the analog clocks and you can clean up the digital clocks!' Makes my heart happy!
Countdown to the New Year!
 This week was pretty mellow as far as the amount of work we needed to cover. That will not be said again for the next several weeks! Here are some things we're looking forward to: Martin Luther King Jr, Valentines, Penguins, Presidents, Chinese New Year, Groundhog Day, and much more! Makes me tired just thinking about it! :) Here's to a wonderful 2013!

Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment