Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A Week of MLK and more winter fun!

This week begins the craziness of January and February holidays and themes! Does anyone else feel the craziness of the season? This week, we're learning all about Martin Luther King as well as having some mitten fun. Today was "Mitten Day." The kiddos got to come to school in their mittens, hats, and scarves. As a so cal girl, I thought, 'this will be such a fun day since we never get to experience a real winter.' Well, as I drove to school this morning, my car temp showing 35 freakin degrees, I was increasingly thankful for my mittens! :)

 Most of the pictures below are from my Winter and Martin Luther King packs.

MLK Rhyming Match Up. The kiddos cannot get enough rhyming word practice!
Math Fact Mitten Match Up- I especially love the mini marshmallows (aka snowballs) to assist with adding together some of the larger problems. Throw in some food and kids are glued to the activity!
Snowflake Sort and Graph
MLK Write the Room- Clearly, I don't have enough wall space in my room!
Hot Cider and Hot Chocolate taste test! I was so incredibly impressed with how well my kiddos completed their graphs while asking their classmates which hot drink they liked the best. Below are a few sample pages completed today.

This morning, each student completed a rhyming word mitten match up. My kiddos never cease to amaze me. I am so pleased with how well they're beginning to work independently. My babies are growing up!
So, while I absolutely love reading comments when they're posted, I have been wondering lately if anyone reads what I write. Please tell me what your favorite winter activities are! Or maybe you want to tell me what I should be posting more of! Tell me anything! :)


Adrienne

1 comment:

  1. I love your "Mitten Day" idea! Sounds like a fun and cozy day! :)

    ReplyDelete