Friday, July 18, 2008

Whirlwind...

And the countdown begins with 17 days...Big news for the week, Alison and I know when we're leaving! woohoo! It feels so real now. We made a quick stop yesterday in Japan to request our visas (it was great Amy and Tash could join us for our first visit hehe) and then headed off to Chilton (east coast "school" from Gilmore Girls), aka Beverly Hill's Greystone Mansion, to get our fill of "big" before heading to Japan. :) I've gotta admit we felt like stalkers as we peeked in the windows of the mansion and walked down secret pathways behind the property... all while reliving funny Gilmore Girl phrases. From Chilton we headed to the Santa Monica Pier and 3rd st. Prominade. It's great to be productive and have fun at the same time!


Then there was today which involved a mix of emotions... I enjoyed a last sit down with Grandma (aka Karyn) and Ruth, finished up summer school, turned in my school keys, began a long set of goodbyes, had lunch with my friend and prayer buddy, Cheryl, and Alison (my Japan mate), and finished off the day with a last minute Angels game with my parents (I'll have you know my mom is quite the cheerleader!!).





No comments:

Post a Comment