Monday, December 10, 2012

A little center love!

I promised more center pictures, so here it goes...

Each week, my students work their way through 9 centers, about 2 a day. I change out 5 of them weekly to go with a concept or theme we're working on. The other 4 remain almost the same.

Here are my kiddos in the classroom library. The boy is looking through our class cereal book. This is a class favorite! This week, I have a pre-recorded, by me :), book of A Charlie Brown Christmas. Love me some Hallmark!
Last May, I applied for a grant to win two leap frog tag readers and a collection of books and maps, for the classroom...I was one of 5 winners! So, here are my kiddos enjoying an awesome gift! I change these books out every few weeks.
I am blessed to have 3 iPod touches in my classroom. The students love their time on them! off the top of my head, some of my favorite apps are Letter School, ABC Phonics, Park Math, and Little Writers, among many others I can't think of at the moment.
Another weekly favorite is our listening center. While the listening part stays the same each week, I change out the books weekly to go with our theme for the week. I have found that I LOVE the individual cd players as opposed to the large, group listening center.
 What are some of your students favorite centers?

Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment