Friday, November 30, 2012

piglets and kids...

We had a moo-velous time this week studying farm animals. The kids got really into it and that always makes it that much more engaging and fruitful. Here are some pics from our centers and small group time.

Our writing concept this week was making lists, so we carried that into our science studies. Here are two very different examples of our list of farm animals. This is just a glimpse of the range in my class, which I'm sure you all can relate too as well!
 I love this -or and -ar sorting activity from Deanna Jump's Fun on the Farm pack. I paired my high and low kids together and it worked out so well. Everyone definitely benefited from it.
 I also had my students stamping sight words, taken from my farm unit. Click on the pic to go to TpT to see the entire unit.
More sight words and some beginning sounds as well
One more Deanna Jump farm center. Roll a farm animal.
 
I found a great, short video online about farm animals. It was very kid friendly and gave a lot of good information. We developed a chart based on what we heard in the video. Click here to see the video!

I can't believe we've just wrapped up November! Loving our cool So Cal weather and definitely looking forward to some holiday fun ahead! In fact, before I left work today, I just HAD to make the fall to winter transition :) What is your favorite Christmas season activity or decoration?
Hope you all have a great, relaxing weekend!
Adrienne


No comments:

Post a Comment