Friday, June 28, 2013

1st day memory maker...

Today, I want to share one of my favorite first day of school memory makers. I put together this special frame and took each of my students' pictures holding it. Afterwards, I printed, backed, and laminated each picture and passed them out to the parents at Back to School Night. They were a huge hit and something I must do every year!

The frame was super easy to make. First, I purchased a large, cheapy frame. I was super excited when I found a blue frame as that cut out one step in my process, having to paint an unfinished frame. There was a downfall to this though. This particular frame from IKEA is super slick so once I had my product completed, I had to be very gentle with it as the letters popped off pretty easily. Now that I think about it, maybe an unfinished frame would've been easier ;) Do as you wish! Next, I found wooden letters and a few stars from Hobby Lobby and painted them to my liking. Finally, I glued my cutsie letters onto the frame! Done!


What are your favorite first day memory makers?

Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment